We are hosting a Potato Day on:
Sunday 11th February 2018 from 10:00am until 2:00pm.
The object of the day is to make available a large selection of seed potatoes to the allotment plot holders and members of the public.
There will be over 90 varieties of seed potatoes that can be purchased in one kilo net bags.
Each bag is labelled with the name and attributes of the variety.
See separate page 'Varieties' for the full list.
Additionally there will be:
- Many Varieties of Vegetable Seed
- Onion Sets and Garlic
- Fruit Trees and Soft Fruit Bushes
- Dahlias, Gladioli, Lilies and other summer flowering bulbs
- See Other Plants for the full list.
Produce is provided by Matthew Smith of:
- Brighter Blooms
Based in Walton-Le-Dale near Preston.
Matthew was awarded a RHS Gold at the Chelsea Flower Show 2015.
The Herb Stall:
- Last year Angela's herb stall proved to be popular
- We have invited her to come back again this year.
- Angela is from: Woodruff Nursery
Based in Wincham near Northwich.
- Delicious Home made cakes, teas & coffees will be available throughout the day.
The Event will be held in the:
(access from Stockport Road, between Costa Coffee & Regent Cinema)
- Marple Senior Citizens Hall
- Memorial Park
- SK6 6BE
Car Parking is available in the Memorial Park and also in Trinity Street on the opposite side of Stockport Road, see map below:
View Larger Map
If you have any queries contact Joe Presford Tel: 0161 427 5261
Why not make it a day out in Marple:
- There are excellent views of the High Peak from the Memorial Park.
- Enjoy a walk along the 16 Locks of the Peak Forest canal that runs by the Memorial Park:
- Down to the aqueduct over the River Goyt
- Up to the Top Lock Junction with the Macclesfield Canal.
There are several other walks around Marple.
Details can be found on the Marple web site www.marple-uk.com
Marple Web Site